Wednesday, June 10, 2015

~A NEW FRENCH STYLE "BAKERY" SIGN...

 Well...after a bit of a fiasco (I'll share more about it later) with our paint color of choice for our kitchen, we are finally on the other side of swinging a brush and pushing a roller...
Can't begin to tell you how happy we are to be done with PAINT!  I'm sick of it!  Beyond sick of it!  So...today I did something FUN!  Not that painting isn't fun...it is~  Just not when you have a bajillion cabinets to do and walls a ceiling as well...
 Anyway~yesterday while moonlighting up at SERENDIPITY MARKET (where I have a booth), I purchased a Palm Tree picture from a dealer who is closing her booth (always sad to hear that!).  I brought the oblong/rectangle piece home and painted it up in my favorite shade of soft white...

Worked a wee bit of magic on it by distressing the front and adding letters that spell out

B*A*K*E*R*Y

Not sure where I'm going to put this sweet little creation...but I'm sure I'll find a spot.  Can only go one or two places!  :)

Be back soon with more pictures of where we are in the process!

Love to you...
 

6 comments:

Stacey said...

I like it!!

Barb said...

The sign is sweet....know you will find the perfect place for it.

Hang in there with the kitchen renovation. I think I have a pretty good idea on how you feel.

It WILL come to an end.....it will. :-)

Hugs, Barb

Theresa said...

Love the sign, I wish I had your vision to create:) Enjoy your day dear Rebecca, HUGS!

Debby Ray said...

I know you will find just the perfect place for it in your lovely new kitchen...can't wait to see where!

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Really nice Rebecca! I have always had a thing for old signs and that looks vintage already! Looking forward to seeing the finished kitchen, I am sure it will have many special "Rebecca" touches. Have a great day!

Tina xo

La Petite Gallery said...

That is a sign to market, bet you would sell them.
I agree straight painting of walls is boring.
Have a beautiful Sunday...
yvonne

Blog Archive