Wednesday, February 22, 2012

~KEEPING IT REAL~

~PILED UP and OVERFLOWING~

This is a picture of my breakfast room on Wednesday morning.  Honestly trying to keep it real here!  After moving tons of stuff outside (thank you, God, for glorious 70+ degree weather) a crew of three men began our wood floor installation!  After living in our La Chaumière de Briarwood for nearly twenty years my Mr. AGPMan and I can't believe the changes we once only dreamed of are finally taking place.
 ~PIPES MOVED~

So much prep-work was needed to get to today!
~CONCRETE POURED~

Pipes have been moved and new concrete poured...
~WHERE O' WHERE HAS MY CARPET GONE?~

Our little yorkie dog, Mollie the Molinator, has been totally confused during the process.  She hasn't known just where to lay her little head...  I found her sitting on the fireplace hearth just staring at me...messy hair and all!
  ~THE SWINGING OF THE HAMMER~

With the morning sun streaming through the windows the work finally began...  The workers started in our formal dining room, made their way through the newly opened up wall and into our family room...
 ~LET THE FUN BEGIN~

They worked for long hours when the lead-guy, Ben, decided the entry floor needed to be smoothed out with leveling compound...  Ben is the owner of the business and a master at his craft!
~ENTRYWAY THIN-SET~

As the Thin-Set cured they continued to work finishing up the den area...
~VIEW FROM THE BREAKFAST ROOM~

I asked about the blue tape and was told this keeps the wood from separating while the glue-adhesive dries.  Despite the footprints and noticeable traffic dust...we are LOVING WHAT WE SEE!

Before leaving for the day Ben The Installer applied felt pads to all the furniture for us, being especially mindful of the legs of the chairs and tables.  He will be back in the morning with his workers to finish the breakfast room, entryway and my hubby's office...
~VIEW OF THE FORMAL DINING~

I snapped this picture while going upstairs for the evening!  Because the weather has been so beautiful we left more than half our furniture outside covered up with tarps.  I'm so thankful the skies are clear and no rain is in the forecast.

I'm quite sure after Thursday I'll be spending my time getting things back to normal around here.  Not a thing was left in place and even the china cabinets were emptied out (just in case!)...  Once the flooring is done we'll be able to fully concentrate on the kitchen remodel.  No doubt it will be done...someday!

Hard work, sacrifice and commitment has brought my husband and I to this day and we both feel totally blessed and over-the-moon excited!  (This change has been a long-time-comin'!)

More pictures tomorrow...

Love to you

30 comments:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,

With you, I'm very happy! That will be a feast this weekend when everything is inside again and clean... Wow, what a job. Most people would fear all the upside down for getting to this point but it is so worth it.
We know too well how it is to camp out and to tolerate the dust for days on end, weeks on end that is!
Love to you,

Mariette

Donna said...

You are going to love the new hardwood floors! They are so much cleaner than carpet. I know you will be so glad to get everything back in place!
Love it!
Hugs,
Donna

Anonymous said...

Rebecca the flooring is looking awesome!!!! All the inconvenience will be so worth it once you get your lovely house back in order!!! Can't wait to see it all dressed up again!!

bee blessed
mary

joanne said...

Oh Congratulations Becks! I am sure you will love the end result...in fact, I can tell you already do. It is so gorgeous...sigh.

Terra said...

The hardwood floors will be gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Looking great! It is going to be wonderful when you get everything back into their places.

Het lijstje van brocante said...

That looks beautiful, a nice warm color, I love it, so cozy.
What will you be happy if everything is in place, there is time for a party.
Enjoy and I look forward to the new pictures of you in cleared house.
With warm regards,
Silvia

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

This is going to be BEAUTIFUL..I'm doing my Happy Dance for you girl I'll wear only my socks so I don't ruined your new floors ha ha!! Hugs and smiles Gloria

Yasmin Smith said...

Looking so good, Rebecca! I know you can't wait for it all to be installed so you can get everything back in place, then start "fine tuning" all of your beautiful objects
that you use in those rooms...I am so happy for you to see a dream come true!! You have waited a long time for this to happen!!!!
Have a good day!!
Hugs and love, Francy

Blondie's Journal said...

The floor is gorgeous, Rebecca, and it's good to know you have such experienced workers. You are going to be in heaven when it's all finished!

XO,
Jane

Jill said...

It looks beautiful! Mollie is just a cutie pie! Bless her little confused heart.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I guess we won't be hearing from you for a few days while you put everything back, cleaning as you go. I sympathize.
I forgot about your little Mollie. Topaz doesn't like the hardwood, nowhere to dig in for running and playing and he's slid into furniture when playing rough with his Daddy.
Think happy thoughts!
Judith

Mosaic Magpie said...

You will love the new floors. Yes they require a bit of dusting but so much cleaner than carpeting. Mollie may take a little while to adjust, one of our dogs kept jumping from throw rug to throw rug as she was not used to hardwood floors.
Deb

NanaDiana said...

Oh Rebecca! I am SOOO happy for you. I can see already that it is going to be just beautiful. You will do just a wonderful job with clean up and integrating your furniture again. I can't WAIT to see it done. Love to you - soon the mess will be behind you-xo Diana

Theresa said...

Beautiful and a big sigh of relief that you can get your house back to normal:) Can't wait to see it all finished and furniture in place! Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I know you are thrilled...it looks beautiful! Have fun!

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Looks beautiful so far Rebecca! Can't wait to see it all done!!

Hugs,
Debbie xxoo

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Hello Sweet Friend~~ ~
Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments about my little Caramel. I love your dark floors with all the white. I also have dark hardwood in my diningroom and love it. If we were staying in this house I would love to paint all the dark stained trim and walls white but this is just a transitional place for us. I love the look of your white walls and trim. The dark floors really set it off.
~ ~Ahrisha~~

Mari said...

Hi Sweet Friend,
Wow your floors are simply gorgeous, oh but your sweet Mollie just makes me smile, she is just sooooo precious messy hair and all....lol

Huggers~
Mari

Anne said...

Those floors look beautiful.I am seeing the light are you?I know what you are going through.At our last house we installed wood floors in our WHOLE house.Yep not one room but the entire house.They were gorgeous.These were the floors that needed to be sanded and stained too.So you can imagine that mess.Everything in our WHOLE house had to be moved out for a week.Oy I would never do that again.You have a beautiful home and it is coming along my friend.Blessings~

Char said...

It's looking very nice in there Rebecca. Are you going to do your baseboards too? I know, I know, one step at a time....:)
I can't wait to see your beautiful finished home.
Char

Sue @ Not the Good Scissors! said...

My heart was actually doing a little patter with excitement when I saw your pictures. I am so happy and excited for you. They are GORGEOUS. Hardwood floors make me swoon. Yeah, I know it's a little weird, but I love them so.

Since you and your hubby always do your own work I bet it felt a little strange having people in your home doing such a big job. I know it makes me a little out of sorts but it is still exciting and fun. I know how Molly feels :)

I am over the moon happy for you and cannot wait to see the pics when everything is back in place.
Hugs and love to you, Sue

Marilyn said...

Almost time for a relaxing cup of tea! I wondered about moving all the "stuff". Good weather always helps.♥♫

chateau chic said...

You will love your wood floors. So much easier to keep clean. When we lived in the Midwest, we bought older homes that had hardwood floors throughout. We loved them and never went back to carpeting.
Mary Alice

Dolores said...

I'm so excited for you. You're going to love your new floors...the color of wood is so beautiful and warm looking.

I love my wood floors!!

Tara said...

Oh you are surely going to love it when it's finished! What a hassle to have to move all the furniture out while new floors are laid. You did indeed get lucky with the weather. We've had to move things from room to room before! Sometimes you don't realize how much stuff you actually have until you have to move it all. Poor Mollie! She looks loveleigh even if she is under stress!

Your Craft Book said...

Rebecca, the floor looks fabulous and is the same lay down as our floors.

Just to let you know that we put 'Magic Sliders' onto all of our furniture and they are fabulous. I can slide my antique furniture around, even the big cabinets. I have even moved the Welsh Dresser full of china and antiques and hoovered behind it. I know totally nuts but the Magic Sliders are wonderful. We have the flooring in the bedrooms as well and we just slide the dressers and beds around to clean behind. Check them out, we used the ones the have a small tack so that you can nail them to the foot of the furniture.

Cannot wait to see the completed after, Maureen.

Creative Grammie said...

Hi Rebecca!
It was wonderful to hear from you!
I absolutely love your new flooring and can't wait to see photos when you're done putting everything in its place. You definitely have your work cut out for you.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a heartfelt comment. And thank you for your generous hospitality offer. Next time I'm in the area, I'd love to visit with you.
Warm hugs of aloha.

KatyDidStitches said...

Rebecca...

First of all...thank you for your sweet comment about our little Sammy. It's been a rough week and I really appreciated your thoughtfulness.

The floors look beautiful! LOVE the contrast between the dark wood and your painted furniture. The opposite of my house...where we have natural white oak flooring and dark woodwork. Either way, it's the juxtaposition of light and dark that really makes things POP! Great eye!

I must say that I feel Mollie's pain. That's EXACTLY how I look when something changes around here...right down to the hair-do!

Kathy

Deanna said...

lookin' goooood!

Blog Archive